What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal works by targeting pigment within the root of the hair follicle, generating heat that removes the hair from your body and prevents it from regrowing. Because the laser technology targets pigment in the hair follicle, laser hair removal is most effective for people with hair tones ranging from light brown to black. For an optimal outcome, you will need at least 6 sessions to achieve a significant reduction in hair growth. Patients should expect to schedule their treatments every 4-8 weeks at our New York office – this will be determined by how much hair they have at baseline, hair color, skin tone, pain tolerance, and their own personal schedule. Bespoke Surgical is proud to be using one of the best, most advanced machines, the Cynosure Elite+, which utilizes a dual wavelength YAG / Alexandrite system that is safe for all skin types.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRICING AT BESPOKE SURGICAL
- Hands and Fingers: $100/session or 6 sessions for $500 (1 free session)
- Feet and Toes: $100/session or 6 sessions for $500 (1 free session)
- Neck: $100/session or 6 sessions for $500 (1 free session)
- Underarms: $100/session or 6 sessions for $500 (1 free session)
- Pilonidal Cyst Area: $100/session or 6 sessions for $500 (1 free session)
- Butt: $200/session or 6 sessions for $1,000 (1 free session)
Outer and Inner Cheek
- “Bikini”: $200/session or 6 sessions for $1,000 (1 free session)
Choose your style – shape up your groin, thigh area, perineum, etc.
- “Face Clean-up”: $150/session or 6 sessions for $750 (1 free session)
Choose your style – shape up your beard/scruff focusing on the cheeks and the neck
- Chest: $200/session or 6 sessions for $1,000 (1 free session)
- Abdomen: $200/session or 6 sessions for $1,000 (1 free session)
- Shoulders: $200/session or 6 sessions for $1,000 (1 free session)
- Half Arms: $150/session or 6 sessions for $750 (1 free session)
- Above OR Below Elbows
- Half Legs: $250/session or 6 sessions for $1,250 (1 free session)
- Above OR Below Knee
- Half Back: $200/session or 6 sessions for $1,000 (1 free session)
- Upper OR Lower Back
- Brazilian: $350/session or 6 sessions for $1,750 (1 free session)
- Entire pubic and anal area
- Legs: $400/session or 6 sessions for $2,000 (1 free session)
- Arms: $250/session or 6 sessions for $1,250 (1 free session)
- Face & Neck: $300/session or 6 sessions for $1,500 (1 free session)
- Chest & Abdomen: $350/session or 6 sessions for $1,750 (1 free session)
- Back: $350/session or 6 sessions for $1,750 (1 free session)
- Back & Shoulders: $400/session or 6 sessions for $2,000 (1 free session)
To combine 3 or more of any area, book the “Full Body” to get the most out of your Laser Hair Removal experience! Totally customizable to include any and every area head to toe!
- Customizable Full Body: $700/session or 6 Sessions for $3500 (1 free session)
The Perfect Peach – $2750 ($3750 value)
The all inclusive package that addresses every aspect of perfecting your butt from hair removal, anal bleaching, and addressing acne, texture and pigmentation on your butt cheeks.
- Brazilian laser hair removal (6 sessions)
- Anal bleaching sessions (2 sessions)
- Chemical peel for butt cheeks (1 session)
- 1 Microneedling treatment for butt cheeks (1 session)
Laser Hair Removal Sessions
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Shave the area the 24-48 hours before your session
- Avoid exposing the area to the sun or tanning bed
- Do not wax or pluck area for one month prior to treatment
- Avoid taking antibiotics, or any medication that increases photosensitivity
- Do not use any products that may increase your skin sensitivity for one week prior to treatment
- Such as Retinols, Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, Glycolic Acid, etc
- Do not use self-tanning lotion in the area being treated
AFTER YOUR VISIT
- After your session, a pink or reddish color bumps may linger for a day or so. This will fade, and your skin should regain its natural color and texture shortly following your hair removal session.
- Avoid sun exposure for two weeks
- Avoid friction and excessive heat to the treated area for at least 8 hours
- Do not exfoliate your skin or use products that may cause irritation for several days after
- Resume moisturizing the area to keep hydration levels optimal 24 hours post-treatment
Frequently Asked Questions
How does laser hair removal work?
Our licensed Aesthetician glides the laser instrument across the skin while emitting the laser beam. The laser penetrates through the skin and specifically targets the hair follicles. The heat and light from the laser strategically damage the follicles and eliminate hair growth.
Does laser hair removal hurt?
Laser hair removal can feel a bit like a rubber band snap on the skin. Our laser is highly effective and extremely adjustable to make the experience comfortable for our patients while delivering great results. We always do a few test spots with the patient to see how they are tolerating the setting and it’s easy to quickly adjust the setting. In fact, we often adjust the setting a few times throughout the treatment as certain areas are more sensitive than others (such as the hole compared to the butt cheek). We also have an amazing cooling device attached to our laser which makes a huge difference in terms of comfort level.
How many sessions of laser hair removal do I need?
This varies from patient to patient. There are a few factors to consider such as how much hair there is at baseline, the color of the hair, the skin color of the patient, and the patient’s pain tolerance. Patients undergoing hormone replacement for testosterone will also have greater difficulty with hair reduction and will require more sessions to achieve their goals. The patients that see the best and fastest results have dark hair and lighter skin, as the laser setting can be safely set at a higher setting. That being said, our laser is equipped to treat all skin tones, and all of our patients have been satisfied with their laser results.
But like how many laser hair removal sessions on average?
We sell our laser hair removal packages in sets of 6. Most patients see amazing results in 5-9 sessions. Again, it varies dramatically depending on the patients baseline hair density, skin tone, hair color, and pain tolerance.
Are there people who don’t qualify for laser hair removal?
People with white, grey, light blonde and light red hair unfortunately won’t see results from laser hair removal as the laser is targeting pigment in the hair follicle but these tones lack pigment.
What areas can you treat with laser hair removal?
We can treat virtually any area with hair. Common areas we regularly treat are the butt, pubic region, back, shoulders, and neck.
I have hair on the shaft of my penis. Is this normal? Can this be lasered?
Yes this is normal. In fact, most guys naturally have some degree of hair on the shaft of the penis. We treat this area very regularly and patients see amazing results.
Is it safe to laser your scrotum?
Yes, it’s safe. We treat this area very regularly in our “brazilian” or “bikini” package.
What is the downtime for laser hair removal?
There’s no “downtime”. We just recommend patients avoid exercise, sun exposure and hot showers for at least 4 hours. Goal is just to keep the area cool and dry. Apply spf (as you always should be) to the area if it’s exposed to the sun.
Are there any side effects from laser hair removal or anal bleaching?
The most common “side effect” from both laser hair removal and anal bleaching is itchiness. This is easily treated with some over the counter hydrocortisone cream. Patients who experience this only usually feel it in the first 1-3 days post treatment.
Is there a non-aesthetic reason for getting laser hair removal?
Yes. So we actually started performing laser hair removal at Bespoke Surgical because we found that a significant amount of our patients were shaving/waxing regularly and there’s a correlation between this type of skin trauma and triggering hpv to develop into genital/anal warts. We always recommend laser hair removal to our medical patients who have been treated for hpv and prefer a hair free aesthetic.
Can I laser hair that’s on a tattoo?
No. Unfortunately, since the laser targets pigment running it over a tattoo would ruin the tattoo and possibly burn the patient. Thus these areas need to be avoided.
Is laser hair removal an option for people with darker complexions?
Our laser is a dual laser and thus can treat all skin complexions. You are correct that some lasers cannot be used on darker complexions (or even just any laser in the wrong hands). Our licensed Aesthetician has personally treated some burn scars on a patient who was burned at a different office. It’s important to do your research when receiving any medical or aesthetic procedure. At Bespoke Surgical we’ve successfully treated patients of all skin complexions.
How long does laser hair removal last? Will hair grow back after?
Although the laser permanently destroys the active hair follicles it hits, the body is able to create new hair follicles. The amount of hair follicles your body makes is related to age, gender, hormone levels, and metabolism. Most patients who want to maintain a smooth appearance will go on a maintenance plan that usually consists of a laser session every few months vs. the original treatment plan of every few weeks. Otherwise, most patients see very little hair regrowth and many think it’s fine as is.
How will it look if I get laser hair removal on my butt, but not my legs?
A lot of patients ask about this. We recommend buzzing 2-3 inches below the butt with a trimmer at a medium length to create a fade. Once patients try this method, they’re usually very into this natural looking aesthetic. It compliments speedos and boy shorts well, too. It just requires some experimentation to find the right trimmer (and length) for you.
I want to get laser hair removal for my pubes, but I don’t want to be completely hairless. Is this possible?
Yes. Our licensed Aesthetician can customize the shape and style of your pubes however you want. Some people will leave hair above, but like to get the inner legs done since this area is more prone to ingrown hairs and razor burns. Regardless of your aesthetic preferences, just let us know and we’ll customize your treatment to your preference.
I’ve had laser hair removal before, but it didn’t work. Is your service any different?
It depends. There are a lot of medspas and clinics using outdated lasers. We still sometimes hear about some places using IPL machines, which are not actually designed for laser hair removal. Here at Bespoke Surgical, we use the Alexandrite and Yag Duo laser, which is the gold standard machine for laser hair removal. What this means is we can fully customize the settings to your skin and hair type to deliver the best results possible.
I can’t seem to trim my own butt without getting ingrown hairs. Any suggestions?
This is a very common problem for a lot of men. We have a few tips: trim the hair with a larger clipper so you’re not getting so close to the skin. Problems arise when you nick the skin because it heals over the hair follicle, resulting in ingrown hairs, butt acne, etc. You can also use a cleanser designed to treat acne that contains salicylic acid. After shaving, lather the cleanser on your butt and leave it on for 3 minutes. This will help a lot in preventing ingrown hairs and butt acne that results from clogged hair follicles. Finally, laser hair removal is a great option to remove unwanted hair. It’s quick and cost/time effective.
How do you safely manscape your hole and should you?
There are definitely a lot of weird bending, leg going up one way, and other unnatural moves going on– it’s basically yoga! While shaving, sugaring, using Nair, and waxing are all effective ways of removing hair, if you’re looking to rock a smoother butt, then laser hair removal is your best option. We don’t recommend regularly shaving, sugaring, using Nair, or waxing because of microtrauma caused to the hole that can trigger HPV activity (most people already have it in this area), which is when we start to see skin tags and other growths. That said, trimming regularly with a buzzer is safe and effective to manage the hair.
How should I prepare for my laser hair removal session?
Sun exposure and antibiotics should be avoided for 2 weeks prior to receiving laser hair removal. Skin that is exposed to sun is more sensitive to the laser. Tanned skin is also more difficult to treat when it comes to seeing results. Therefore, we ask patients to try to be at their baseline skin color. Patients must be off Accutane for at least one year before being treated. Patients should ideally shave 1-3 days before their appointment. Same day shaving is not recommended as the skin is more irritated and it’s harder for the laser to find the hair follicle to treat. Waxing, sugaring, and chemical hair removal (like Nair) should be discontinued at least a month before laser hair removal treatment.
Ready to become a client?